I have just been checking out rankings and stuff this morning after a nice long Christmas break and I saw a Google ad for BT SearchSmart: PPC & SEO.
I checked it out and it is the real British Telecom offering SEO and PPC services, you can check the website out here.
BT are probably the biggest company ever to start selling SEO and PPC services.
Their SEO packages include most of the things you would expect to get with a basic SEO pack, with the option 1 for £74.99 per month + a £100 setup fee you get:
- Keyword selection
- Comprehensive website audit
- Recommendations document
- In depth telephone consultation
- Unlimited email access to online marketing specialists
- Google Site Map production and provision for upload
- Monthly SEO reports position reporting
- Best practice SEO documentation & guides
The only thing that’s missing is link building, however links are mentioned in their option 2 package which costs £349.99 per month + £100 setup:
- All the features of Option 1 plus:
- Unlimited 0800 phone-based support
- Link building via 3 bespoke articles (monthly)
- Directory submissions to up to 50 targeted directories
- Enhanced reporting
- Enhanced reporting of keywords & competitor link analysis
That doesn’t sound too bad, it could go either way I guess depending on the quality of the articles they are creating and the quality of the web directories and article directories they are submitting to. For a similar price we will include submissions to all of the best paid directories such as BOTW and Yahoo etc. If they are just submitting to the free ones then there is less chance of your links getting approved and sticking around.