I have just been looking at what keywords people have been typing in to find this blog and someone searched for:
“digital point forum pr has been reduced”
So I’m guessing this searcher is curious to know why Digital Point Solutions and Digital Point Forums have both had their PageRank scores dramatically reduced:
- www.digitalpoint.com is down from a PR 7/10 to a PR 4/10
- forums.digitalpoint.com is down from a PR 6/10 to a PR 4/10
Here are 3 good reasons why Google might have spanked their PageRank scores.
1. The buying and selling of signature links amongst its users – Buying and selling links that pass PageRank is against the guidelines, this alone could warrant a PR penalty.
2. The link sales forum – Plenty of guideline breaking links get sold in that forum every day, again this could warrant a penalty.
3. DP COOP – The Digital Point Coop link exchange network is still active and spamming Google’s search results to this day.
And that’s just for starters, I’m sure if I looked into it further I could find a few more.